12 April 2010

Location, Location, Location...



Sorry, I know it's only been a few minutes, but hey! That's the great thing about 'just now.'... You just never really know! Well the reason for the second post is that I realize I keep talking about all of these places that you all probably can't really visualize... so I'm going to help you...
This is a map of where I live and what's around me... While I do live in Cape Town, the area I am in is technically Mowbray or basically Rondebosch, since I'm not sure if Mowbray is on the map... UCT is also in Rondebosch, and it is just up the hill from where I live (although it actually has several parts...). Claremont is where I go to the movies or the mall. Green Point is also pretty fun... lots of gay bars there. Cubana is also there, which is a very nice bar and restaurant. Camps Bay is the beautiful beach that we like to go to when we can, even though the water is freezing. Langa is where I did my homestay, but it's not on there either... however, it's very close to Nyanga and Athlone and Khayeltisha, where I volunteer and where my agency-type thingy, MKI is. Gugulethu is also literally right beside Khayelitsha, and that is where Mzoli's is... I spent a lot of time there during my homestay. Khayelitsha and Gugulethu are the poorest areas here and have the highest rates of HIV/AIDS and TB. Durbanville/Stellenbosch is where I had a very interesting weekend a month or two ago... major wine area, heavily Afrikaaner...
Soweto is the SOuth WEstern TOwnships that is to the southwest of Joburg, or Jozi, or Johannesburg. Crazy Dave's was in Nelspruit, where we stayed while we were going to Kruger National Park, which was about an hour's drive northeast.
Hopefully that helps a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment